Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack that’s sure to impress your friends and family, then look no further than these delicious air fryer mozzarella sticks! With just a few simple ingredients and an air fryer, you can have a plate of crispy, gooey mozzarella sticks that are perfect for game day, movie night, or any other occasion.
Growing up, my mom always had a trick up her sleeve for getting us to eat our veggies. Whenever she made a salad or a plate of raw vegetables, she would serve it alongside a plate of warm, crispy mozzarella sticks. We couldn’t resist the cheesy goodness, and before we knew it, we had polished off the entire plate of veggies as well.
Nowadays, whenever I make mozzarella sticks, I think back to those childhood memories and smile. These air fryer mozzarella sticks are a fun and easy way to recreate that same feeling of comfort and nostalgia, while also satisfying my adult craving for crispy, melty cheese. Whether I’m watching a movie on the couch or hosting a party with friends, these mozzarella sticks always hit the spot.
These ingredients you will need:
To make these mozzarella sticks, you’ll need 12 string cheese sticks, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs, and 1/8 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- When coating the mozzarella sticks, be sure to press the breadcrumb mixture firmly onto the cheese to ensure it sticks.
- Freezing the mozzarella sticks before cooking helps prevent the cheese from melting too quickly and leaking out of the breading.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also bake these mozzarella sticks in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
These air fryer mozzarella sticks make the perfect snack or appetizer for any occasion. Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some extra toppings to the mozzarella sticks, such as chopped herbs or crumbled bacon. You can also serve these cheesy bites alongside some fresh veggies or a side salad for a more balanced meal.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings||
|2 hrs 10 mins||5 mins||2 hrs 15 mins||12||133 kcal|
Try air fryer roasted potatoes
- 12 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese grated
- You will need 3 small bowls. Place flour in one bowl, eggs in a second bowl (beat them together) and then both bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a third bowl (mixed together).
- Cut each string cheese in half and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Coat one sting cheese in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Continue to do this until all of the string cheese are on the cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen through.
- Do not preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the cheese sticks with olive oil and cook them in the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 5-6 minutes until they begin to brown and get soft. Watch them closely as if they are over cooked, the cheese will seep out of the breading.
- Let sit for a few minutes and then serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!