In this article, we’ll show you how to make the ultimate banana loaf recipe that is moist, fluffy, and bursting with flavor.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until they are smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the mashed bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the sour cream until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the banana loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit to the batter.
- Make sure to use ripe bananas with brown spots for the best flavor and texture.
- Store the banana loaf in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Serving Suggestions: Banana loaf is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as dessert. Serve it warm with a dollop of whipped cream or cream cheese frosting for a decadent treat.
With this ultimate banana loaf recipe, you’ll be able to make a delicious and moist loaf that everyone will love. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking with different add-ins. So why not give it a try and enjoy this classic recipe today!