Indulge in the rich, creamy goodness of Olive Garden’s famous five-cheese lasagna fritta with this easy air fryer copycat recipe. Rolled lasagna noodles are filled with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago cheeses, then dipped in batter and air-fried to golden, crispy perfection. Impress your friends and family with this irresistible appetizer at your next party or game day gathering.
Air Fryer Five Cheese Lasagna Fritta
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 minutes|
|Freezing Time||2 hours|
|Total Time||2 hours 36 minutes|
- 10 oz Lasagna Noodles, About 10 noodles
- 15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Romano Cheese
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Asiago Cheese
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Italian Bread Crumbs or Panko
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Finely Grated Parmesan
- 2 Large Eggs
Air Fryer Cooking Method
- Olive Oil Spray
Pan-Fried Cooking Method
- Canola Oil
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce, If you have leftover Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese it is perfect to throw in this recipe.
- Jar of Marinara Sauce
- To start making the lasagna frittas, boil lasagna noodles according to package instructions until they are cooked al dente. Once cooked, drain them in a colander and rinse with cold water for easy handling. If your lasagna noodles have ribbon edges, it’s recommended to trim the ribbons off the sides to make the rolling process easier.
- Next, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together an egg, all five kinds of cheese, and Italian seasoning to create a rich and flavorful filling.
- Lay the lasagna noodles flat on a clean work surface and spread the cheese mixture over the top of each noodle. Carefully roll the noodles into a 2-3 inch length, creating small and compact rolls.
- To prevent the rolls from sticking together, place them in a container lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze for 1-2 hours until they are firm and hold their shape. This step is essential for achieving the perfect texture when frying the lasagna frittas.
- To prepare the coating for the lasagna frittas, start by scrambling an egg in a shallow dish. In a separate microwave-safe dish, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bread crumbs. Microwave the mixture for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until they start to turn a golden brown color. Allow the mixture to cool down before adding freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- When ready to fry the lasagna frittas, take each roll and dip it one by one into the scrambled egg mixture, making sure to fully coat it. Then, dip the roll into the bread crumb mixture, shaking off any excess crumbs between steps. Repeat this process for each lasagna roll until they are all coated and ready to be fried.
Air Fryer Cooking Method
- Before cooking the lasagna frittas, it’s important to prepare the air fryer.
- To do this, spray the inside basket with cooking oil to prevent the frittas from sticking.
- Once the basket is coated, carefully place the frittas inside, being sure not to overcrowd the basket.
- To ensure the frittas cook evenly, lightly spray the tops with cooking oil as well.
- With the air fryer ready, it’s time to start cooking the lasagna frittas. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 8 minutes.
- After this time, flip the frittas over and cook for another 6-8 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- If you notice the frittas looking dry as they cook, give them a light spray of cooking oil to help them crisp up.
- Once fully cooked, carefully remove the frittas from the basket and place them on a serving dish. For the best experience, serve them alongside a generous helping of marinara or Alfredo sauce.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||484 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|